TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART,

And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall make your path straight.

- Proverbs 3:5-6







Friday, March 19, 2010

Spectacular News: Prayers Responded to with Grace

This week was loooooooong and held some new freaky discomforts but the bottom line is that we know that the tumor is shrinking. I'd like to repeat that: THE TUMOR IS SHRINKING!!! Specifically, Dr. Flynn of the handsome bearing and caring demeanor, informed us that the "tumor has shrunk, CONSIDERABLY". (This was after last week's assessment that they didn't expect to see a change until the end of the treatment protocol. They don't know me very well, do they?) God is Good and, to use a much borrowed line from my friend, Pete, "God is loose in the World"!

Monday started with me pretty down in the dumps; already tired at the prospect of a long day of tests and treatment. I prayed for a respite, anything to lift my spirits and, within mere minutes, I got a text from Susan Burkhart informing me that Peter Mayer and friends were heading to Tulsa on April 9th to do their new "Goodbye, Hello" tour at Venue 6-8.!!! Aaaaaahhhhh. Felt much improved.

Went into the hospital and was told I couldn't have chemo OR radiation because my white blood cell count was too low. Big grin, there, too. (Accompanied by tears, of course. We take our wins as we get them and I was happy to know I wasn't going to have BIG needles for three hours... at least not that day.) Did have to have two little shots to jump start my bone marrow to produce double time and, now, the cell count is plenty high.

Wednesday was yucky. Enough said. The nurse encouraged me by saying it will get easier each of the four additional times I have this specific treatment. I pray she wasn't lying. Next one is Friday, the 26th. Yish.

So, now I have a cold. Not funny. Not bad, either, but I have to stay away from folks and wear one of those dumb masks. Adds another negative element to sleep and the tired factor, but it'll pass.

People have been so loving to send cards and bring food!!! I am humbled that the love flows so freely in my direction. I've had cards from strangers and six and a half foot tall long shoremen on The Great Lakes are praying for me. Sweet babies are sending me hand drawn pictures and I am so so grateful that all I can do in response is feel peace. I am buoyed by your love and tenderness in this storm. (Peter only began to sink when he looked down or lost focus on Jesus, by the way. Thank you for being such stellar representatives of Him and giving me His Grace expressed to focus on.) I am leaning on God's promise and am certain God is taking care of me, today!


No comments:

Post a Comment