TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART,

And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall make your path straight.

- Proverbs 3:5-6







Thursday, May 27, 2010

Do not be anxious about ANYTHING?

My adoring and adorable husband, Howard, brought me this scripture: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. (Phil 4:6). In EVERYTHING with THANKSGIVING!??? Wow. Tall order, I'd say. Be thankful about the last six months. Really, now. Actually, yes, really. What a Hoot! The first time Howard prayed, "Thank you for the blessings of Christine's cancer", I shuddered a might. It kinda creeps me out to type it. That word, "Cancer" is like "Voldemort" the demon character in Harry Potter whose name no one would repeat. Bad Evil names better left un-uttered. And, yet. Likening a limiting physical "issue" to an imaginary book character, no matter how terrifying and dreadful, is curiously funny and strips it of its power to inflict fear. Cancer is powerless in my life compared to the Real Power, the "Deep Magic" as C.S. Lewis named it. That "Deep Magic" is something Harry Potter would be wise to investigate. I've tickled myself. I'm smiling at this silliness. Super.

So, the last MRI showed continued shrinkage of the tumor(s). TA DA!!!!! From the Radiological Oncologists' standpoint, I'm done and cured. From the Oncologist's and Oncological surgeon's standpoint, a "spring cleaning" is in order. I can't help but think of that scripture that says something about if your right eye offend thee, pluck it out. That has my vote. I thought it would be soon. That's what they told us. Now, the surgery has been postponed until I am stronger. Recovery will be easier if I'm better rejuvenated and rested. I am OK with this; even the waiting part. We were assured that the radiation is still active which is why I am tired and weak, still, so there is no risk in waiting. I go back the 22nd of June for blood work to gauge my recovery and whether the surgery can then be done. Until then, and as always, God is taking care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment