TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART,

And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall make your path straight.

- Proverbs 3:5-6







Saturday, April 17, 2010

Live Woman Walking

"Live Woman Walking!" is what I said as I left recovery suite #2 on Wednesday. "Live Woman Walking" ...not even needing a wheel chair like the four times before, but walking. I'm almost done with my tacky little "c" and all the long hours of discomfort. I have alot of Resting to do, still, and some check ups and blood lettings, probably, but I can do this. My next task may be to Release all the negativity and turn my memories into neutral observations. I will walk away from this not only alive, but improved, somehow. Just Watch Me.

I will also sit down and pray over every card and note and hand drawn picture I have received. One memory I will certainly never view as neutral is the overwhelming love of the people in my life. My acupuncturist, Melissa, has bent over backwards to provide me time. Our babysitter from when the kids were small came at SIX in the MORNING on Wednesday to hug me and pray with Howard and me. Overwhelming! My sisters drove for hours and hours to spend just about as many hours with me to smooch and pet and entertain. My daughters have shown up every chance they have had to fold my clothes or style my hair and my mother... I can not express to you or her the depth and breadth of my devotion to a woman who has taken her caring for me to a new unparalleled selfless level. I could not imagine. I don't want to imagine how horrid it would have been without her ever-present company and TLC. Of Course, Howard J. Honey lifts me and encourages me and makes me laugh and has been doing so for 30 years. And, then, there is my High Tower, my Comfort, my Counselor who is taking care of me.

(There's a video on youtube of the ribbon/chain cutting ceremony we held of cutting off my hospital bracelets. Search Live Woman Walking or check the link on Facebook.)

No comments:

Post a Comment