TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART,

And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall make your path straight.

- Proverbs 3:5-6







Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sorry I promised this and forgot to post it... Painkillers have their drawbacks...

I had an interesting request via email, recently... Seems people read the blog I started during cancer treatment and want more. Kind of neat as I fancy my thoughts readable. ...but surprised that they are memorable, too! This was just the encouragement that I needed to introduce a new thought:
People who pontificate on the "why" of cancer might consider the impact of their words on those who have had the misfortune of suffering cancer. I use the word "misfortune" very purposefully. I did not earn my cancer. I was not evil. I did not maintain bad habits with food or inhalants or spend too much time swimming in a cesspool of carcinogens any more than my non-cancer expressing sisters. And, yet, I indeed ended up with one quite large tumor and a systemic involvement that made my chances of recovery dicey, statistically speaking.

Only God knows what knocked my health to the ground. For some reason (still waiting on that answer) I just got the opportunity to experience the misfortune of having a big dangerous growth invade my temple garden. Sometimes noxious invasive weeds take hold in a well-tended garden. Do you blame the garden? Can you totally place blame on the gardener? In previous postings (Godistakingcareofme.blogspot.com) I have claimed my right to health by listing all the health smart things I do. The good food and mind work and exercise and chiropractic and acupuncture, and abstenance from obvious no-no's. So, why DID I get cancer? And, frankly, who are you to contend that I got it from something I did or did not do?

I got insulted by this accusation at a seminar on health, for Pete's sake! How many people spend their weekends at seminars on health? Well, I do and, while at this one, I listened to a well respected doctor intimate, by his discourse, that if you did "X,Y, and Z" you wouldn't get cancer. That's what he said. He, therefore, was saying that I did not do "X,Y, and Z". I know I did. I was there eating those dark geen leafies and standing on my head. I seriously doubt that he set out to insult me. I certainly didn't expect to get insulted, but, there you are.

And here I am, suggesting to you that you might just consider that people who develop cancer didn't earn it. Actually, from my perspective, I feel as though I am serving time for a crime I didn't commit. I might also say that at sentencing I was given a specific penalty, but had the rug pulled out from under me when I was informed that time could be added on to my sentence -at random- or (and I mean this in the most literal sense) be given a death sentence later on. So, for future reference, I would prefer not to get kicked by an observer while I am down here trying to pick up my life and rebuild my burned out temple and make it beautiful and useful, again. God is taking care of me and I am hopeful and determined but, if you don't mind, have some consideration, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment